Christmas Facts |
Strange Christmas Facts |
of Christmas |
Some strange facts about the Christmas holiday are presented below:
- The first commercial Christmas card was produced and
sold in London in 1843.
- Americans send an estimated 1.5 billion Christmas
cards each year.
- The song "Jingle Bells" was copyrighted in 1857.
"Deck The Halls" is even older - from the late 18th century.
- A large Christmas tree is traditionally placed every
year in Rockefeller Center (Manhattan, New York City). The tallest tree
placed in Rockefeller Center was a 100 foot Norway spruce from Connecticut in
- The most expensive Christmas tree was decorated in
the United Arab Emirates in 2010 at an estimated cost of over $11 million.
- The practice of Christmas gift giving was once banned
by the Catholic Church. It was suspected that this tradition had roots
- Americans buy 25-30 million real trees and 8-12
million artificial trees to decorate each year.
- There are two towns in the United States with the
name of Santa Claus but only one named North Pole. They are located in
Georgia, Indiana and Alaska, respectively.
Thanks for visiting Christmas